Mobile Smartphone Application Development for BlackBerry, iPhone, and Windows Mobile
CellAvant provides custom software development services to build and/or tailor enterprise applications that run on mobile devices such as smartphones, PDAs, and tablet PCs. We integrate these applications into virtually any back end system. Our mission is to increase the productivity and effectiveness of smartphone users in the field and on the road.
Click HERE to download a copy of our company brochure.
CellAvant provides Planning, Development and Installation, and Training and Support, as depicted in the graphic below.
Planning: Our team engages with you to define mobile solution choices and to make recommendations that best meet your business needs. To do this, CellAvant consultants work with you to understand items such as your mobile workforce environment, the existing infrastructure, integration requirements, mobility timelines, and budget restrictions. Because CellAvant is not tied to any one product or platform vendor, we work on your behalf to provide you with the best solution for your enterprise needs.
Development and Installation: Once a solution has been determined, CellAvant’s team of architects, developers, human factors engineers, graphics designers, quality assurance engineers, and project managers will perform the tasks associated with developing a mobile solution. These tasks include creating design and project plans, performing development functions, generating graphics, performing quality assurance testing, integrating with backend systems, and creating technical documentation. CellAvant also works in conjunction with existing in-house development teams to advise, among other things, on how to avoid common mobile computing pitfalls involving issues such as form factors, device management, data integrity, security, and performance.
Training and Support: CellAvant provides on-going maintenance and solution enhancements. CellAvant will provide appropriatetechnical training and train in-house support teams as required.
There are a number of reasons you should choose a custom application versus using an off-the-shelf product:
- When you do not want to pay product licensing costs
- When you do not want to be tied to a 3rd party product platform
- When you want to “own” the application (including source code)
- When you have a custom desktop or backend application that you want to migrate to your mobile workforce
- When there is not a pre-integrated, off-the-shelf product that will meet your needs “out of the box”
- When you do not want the risk of going with a small product vendor
A custom mobile solution does not equate to a more expensive overall solution.
First, we are not building custom mobile solutions “from scratch.” We have an extensive library of common code – mobile application “building blocks” – that we use to build applications efficiently. Second, our natively-built applications come with no upfront or on-going licensing fees. Commercial off-the-shelf enterprise mobility applications can cost $1,000 per user per year and higher. While upfront custom development costs may be a little higher, overall total cost of ownership is less, especially for large deployments.
Flexible Engagement Approach:
CellAvant provides engagement models designed to match both project requirements and our clients’ business models:
- Time and Materials – services are paid by the hour/day; typically used with consulting services, training, projects with vague requirements, or short term projects
- FTE – services for a full time employee or part time employee in one to two year increments; typically used when core competency is not at the customer site and continuous work is needed
- Fixed Cost – services are paid at a fixed cost fee; typically used when requirements are well defined
- Combination – a combination of the above agreements; typically used in consulting agreements where the consulting work is time and materials and the on-going work with known requirements is fixed cost
Some CellAvant clients rely on us to be their entire development arm, while others employ our services to supplement existing in-house technical teams. In either capacity, CellAvant stands ready to assist you with your mobile computing projects.
Hosted Mobile Applications
CellAvant provides hosted and managed services with our partner Solutrix LLC.